I am so glad you stopped by! CISD counselors have a deep passion for helping students become motivated and successful. Through our small group, individual and classroom lessons, we work hard to ensure that all students at Newport Elementary are emotionally and academically prepared for all their future endeavors.
Counselors can help...* Students develop a better understanding and acceptance of themselves.
* Students cope with family changes.
* Students develop decision making and problem solving skills.
* Students develop socially and emotionally to mature in their relationships with others.
* Students understand themselves in relation to their own development.
* Students develop organizational and study skills.
* Parents understand their children's emotions, behaviors, and learning styles.
If you need help with any of the situations above, please stop by. We are happy to help!