Texas Tech Camp L.E.A.D.
- Students will participate in activities ranging from individualized leadership sessions to group challenges and team-building activities
- Have the opportunity to explore Texas Tech through an official campus tour and in-depth sessions with their intended field of study
- Transportation, housing and curriculum materials are provided at no cost to students admitted to the program
- Must be interested in enrolling at Texas Tech
- Must be an incoming high school senior
- Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm on Friday, March 30, 2018
- Website: Texas Tech Camp L.E.A.D.
Dow U.S. Apprenticeship Program
- Includes on-the-job training, partnered with a robust classroom curriculum to become a certified technician
- website: careersatdow.com
- See Mrs. Hoy in the NLC for more information
National Student Leadership Conferences Summer Conferences
- Career-focused leadership conferences
- Workshops in goal setting, conflict resolution, public speaking, team building
- Need based scholarships available
- website: www.nslcleaders.org
Texas A&M University Camp ARCH
- Opportunity to experience the professions of Architecture, Construction, Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning, and Visual Design
- One-week program
- July 8th-14th, 2018
- Limited to 75 students total
- website: Camp ARCH
Duke University Youth Programs
- Open Enrollment
- No Application
- Visit https://learnmore.duke.edu\youth2018 to learn more
Camp College sponsored by TACAC
A college preparation program targeted to prepare a diverse group of students from across the state of Texas for college. Approximately 120 rising high school seniors are invited to attend a three-day, overnight, all-expenses paid program. During the program, students will:
- receive assistance identifying schools which match their interests and needs
- write an application essay and create a resume; navigate the financial aid process
- attend a college fair
- stay in college dorms, eat in a dining hall, and experience campus life
- connect with college counseling professionals who will provide valuable tips and insight into the application process
Volunteers from colleges, universities, community based organizations, and high schools across the state serve as mentors to Camp College students.
Camp College 2018 will be held June 11-13, 2018, at Lamar University in Beaumont.
Applications due April 20, 2018
CAMP (Communication and Media Preview) at University of Alabama
- Promote innovation and creativity
- Expose participants to the world of communication and media in areas such as broadcast, media production, promotion, social media, writing and public speaking
- Provide a hands-on learning environment that includes interactive guest speakers, collaborative workshops, a culminating project and off-site trips
- Serve as a laboratory for participants to create original work alongside UA C&IS faculty
- Introduce participants to the C&IS college experience
Website - Click here for more information.
Cost: C&IS CAMP has a cost of $600. This includes lodging, meals and your CAMP gear.
Who: CAMP is designed for rising high school sophomores through rising high school seniors.
When: July 10-14, 2018.
Where: The University of Alabama campus—many sessions will take place in Reese Phifer Hall and Bryant-Denny Stadium. Participants will stay on campus in a University of Alabama, suite-style residence hall.
Schedule: For a look at last year’s in-depth CAMP schedule, click here.
Registration Opens: February 5, 2018
Registration Closes: June 15, 2018
Session Dates: July 10-14, 2018
Please note: Only students who are accepted to the program, complete the online RSVP, and return the student packet may attend Camp College.