Guidelines for Citizens Wishing to Address the Board of Trustees
Citizens wishing to address the board may do so during the Hearing of Citizens portion of each Regular Board Meeting.
- Anyone wishing to speak, must register prior to the start of the board meeting (by 6:55pm) with the Board Clerk and/or signup sheet at the podium.
- Citizen participation is limited to the Hearing of Citizens portion of the agenda.
- The Board is not allowed to respond to comments pertaining to items not included on the agenda unless the response is limited to specific factual information or reciting existing policy in response to the inquiry.
- Delegations of 3 or more persons representing the same viewpoint must designate one person to speak on behalf of the group when addressing the Board of trustees.
- Each citizen is limited to 3 minutes to speak.
- The hearing of citizens portion of the agenda is limited to 30 minutes.
The above guidelines are in accordance with the Open Meetings Act and Legal Policy BED(Legal) and BED (Local).
For more information regarding speaking at a Regular Board Meeting, contact the Board Clerk, Norma Ibarra, at (281)328-9200 ext. 1202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .