1:1 Device to Student Initiative
What is 1:1?
One-to-One (1:1) is an initiative in Crosby ISD where the ratio of students to devices is one to one and students are able to take the device home. In Crosby ISD this program is in place in 4th grade through 12th grade.
The 1:1 program is part of how we transform teaching and learning in CISD classrooms.
This program provides digital devices to students in order to:
- personalize instruction to each student’s unique needs, abilities and interests
- show students how to use technology to enhance education
- provide consistent, student-centered curriculum with real-world connections
- ensure equity of digital resources
- emphasize the importance of digital citizenship
- create collaborative learning environments
- prepare students with the skills needed to succeed in college and careers
By providing a device to students, we want to level the playing field and give each student a chance to explore new learning methods and personalize their educational experience. We want to encourage them to be innovative and think creatively.
The 1:1 program:
- helps prepare the students of today for the world of tomorrow
- provides preloaded digital resources on devices
- helps students become creative, innovate problem-solvers - the type of candidates desired by colleges and employers
- provides equal access to technology at school
- I will take good care of my device.
- I will never leave my device unattended.
- I will not loan my device out to others.
- I will know where my device is at all times.
- I will keep food and beverages away from my device.
- I will not disassemble any part of my device or attempt any repairs.
- I will use my device in ways that are appropriate and conform to the CISD Student/Parent Mobile Device Handbook
- I will not place non-approved decorations (such as stickers, markers, etc.) on my device.
- I will not deface the serial number device sticker or other district placed markings.
- I understand that my device is subject to inspection without warning at any time by district staff and remains property of CISD.
- I will follow expectations outlined in the CISD Student/Parent Mobile Device Handbook at all times.
- I will notify a teacher or school administrator as soon as possible in the event of damage, theft, or loss.
- I agree to return my assigned device, charging cord/brick and case to school in good working condition.