There are a few basic rules that need to be followed at CHS Library:
- Sign in when entering and sign out when leaving the library.
- Show your pass to the librarian when entering the library during class time.
- Use a soft voice.
- Treat people and materials in the library with respect.
- Consuming food is not allowed in the library.
- Students may have five books checked out at a time.
- Students may have one audio MP3 Playaway checked out at a time.
- Items are checked out for a period of two weeks.
- INP (Independent Novel Project) books are checked out for a longer time period.
- Items may be renewed if needed for longer than the checkout period.
- Students with overdue items or unpaid fines may not check out new materials.
- Lost items must be paid for.
- Lost library materials must be returned in a timely fashion to generate a refund.
Printing and Copying:
- Students may print five paper pages per period of school-related material from the laser printer for free.
- Pages may be printed on both sides.
- Research may be printed on recycled paper.
- Power Points should be printed as multiple slides per page.
- Ask before you print if you need help printing to both sides, printing multiple slides or if your assignment requires more than 5 pages.
- Otherwise, after the first five pages, the cost is ten cents per page.
- Copies can be made for ten cents per copy.
- Two sided copies are not available.
- Color copies can be made for $1.00 per page.
- The number of copies is limited due to the size and speed of the small copiers.