Guidelines for Citizens Wishing to Address the Board of Trustees
Citizens wishing to address the board may do so during the Hearing of Citizens portion of each Regular Board Meeting.
- Public comment is two formats: (1) in-person or (2) by emailing comments to the board clerk. Members of the public will not be permitted to make comments by both methods.
- Option 1: Anyone wishing to speak in-person at the board meeting must register 5 minutes prior to the start of the board meeting with the board clerk and/or signup sheet.
- Option 2: Anyone wishing to have comments read to the board must email those comments the board clerk, Audrey Anderson at email@example.com by 3:00 PM the day of the meeting.
- Citizen participation is limited to the Hearing of Citizens portion of the agenda.
- The Board is not allowed to respond to comments pertaining to items not included on the agenda unless the response is limited to specific factual information or reciting existing policy in response to the inquiry.
- Each citizen is limited to 3 minutes to speak.
The above guidelines are in accordance with the Open Meetings Act and Legal Policy BED(Legal) and BED (Local).
For more information regarding speaking at a Regular Board Meeting, contact the Board Clerk, Audrey Anderson at 281-328-9200 ext. 1202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .