Password reset policy effective November 1stIn an effort to improve security, Technology Services will be implementing new password policies starting Wednesday November 1st. CISD staff will be required to change their network passwords every 180 days.
The password requirements are as noted below:
- Cannot be the same as your previous 3 passwords
- Minimum of 8 characters
Characters from three of the following four categories:
- Uppercase letters
- Lowercase letters
- Special characters such as !@#$%^&*
Remember, after completing the password change process and logging into your computer, you will need to use your new password to log in to CISD applications and services such as Skyward, Eduphoria, Webmail, WiFi, etc. Also, if you have CISD email on other devices (such as an iPad or phone), please remember to update the settings.
Password changes must be done while on the district network. If you would like to get ahead of the game and change your password now, you may do so by clicking on the link below. Make sure you follow the password requirements above, otherwise you will be required to change your password again on November 1st.
How to get your iPhone or iPad to forget a Wi-Fi network
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the info button next to the network name.
- Tap on Forget This Network.
- Now connect back to the network and enter your username along with your new password.
How to change your iPhone or iPad e-mail password
- Launch the Settings app on your IPhone or iPad
- Tap on accounts
- Tap on your district email account
- Tap on your district email address
- Tap on Password and delete the old password and type in the new password
If your computer doesn't prompt you to reset your password, click on the wifi icon (upper right corner) and select SECURE and connect. You will put in your user name and password you log in to your computer with.